Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I want some time "OFF"

I really do not know what’s the reason behind blogging less these days. Yes, T&D is taking a big chunk of my time & energy, but I could still manage with my long weekend offs. I feel sad as I am not even able to read Shobhaa’s blog. The only people I am keeping a track are Nainy & Sharad. And I must mention two posts of these guys which I found outstanding. Sharad’s views and analysis on the book ‘India: A Wounded Civilization” by V.S. Naipaul. It is not exhaustive, yet it is quite narrative and the 13 pointers he has given are really thought provoking. It shows how much he has gone into the root of the book and his own perspective which represents a lot of our thoughts. And Nainy’s take on her parents and the upbringing. It so beautifully written & narrated that I recommended atleast 4 of my friends to have a look at it. She talks about the way her parents have changed themselves in course of time and the outlook they share with their children. One line that really moved is, when she says that she is the same person inside the house which she is outside. This sounds so simple but I can bet only less than 5% of the children are able to do that in Indian society. I wish all parents could share such perspective towards life & their children. 

No movies since 2 months. It is getting tough for a movie freak like me. Waiting for Angels & Demons releasing on 29th (was supposed to release on 15th). Hope this one would be less complicated from Da Vinci Code. Going to watch Tom uncle after some time. Also waiting for Vishal Bhardwaj’s Kaminey (only for Vishal). IPL got over, so is the fever, but just for the time being as the T20 World Cup is around the corner. What an IPL it has been this year, where the bottom 2 of last year banged in to the finals and fittingly the lowest one clinched the title. Gilly showed his leadership skills just like Shane last year. Ironically, they both never got a chance to lead their national side even after serving it for so long! One of my colleagues in office said prior to the match that she wants Bangalore to win, for the only reason its captain is an Indian! I did not think much into that as she does not follow cricket, but was shocked to see my roomie feeling so bad when Gilly ended up in the winning side. He said and I quote “These Aussies take all the credit, they behave as if they have done everything; last year Warne did it, this year Gilly, we should praise our Indian players”. I preferred to keep quite as I feel this is just the outburst as the team he was supporting (RCB) came as the second best.

And finally, Mr. Singh is back, but most importantly with a bang. No more the cloud of Mrs. Gandhi and even the bachcha Gandhi has cleared the way from the cabinet and is on his way to become another Mahatma. I can smell an outside chance of Mr. Singh falling ill or citing the same reason for vacating the office in next 2-3 years to give the chhote nawab some warm up period as Mr. PM. The funniest moment for me was when Prannoy asked Jyotiradiya about Rahul’s chances as PM, and he replied Rahul’ji’. Everybody saw the amount of sycophancy (he said Manmohan without the ‘Ji’). Chalne do bhai, number toh mila Sonia aur Rahul ji ke party ko, aur kya chahiye?

What a happening May, and we all knew what happened this summer!!!

No comments: