Monday, October 26, 2009

Life's Like That...

It has been an eventful October, a month I would remember. Today, while writing this, is the last day of my home trip. I came home after 10 months, the longest so far. I stayed for 11 days, including 3 unpaid leaves, man that’s some money. I have spent maximum time at home in this trip, which I missed in the earlier ones. But missed out on meeting all of my near & dear ones. It’s bound to happen if you are going to visit your hometown as a guest for 10 odd days. Don’t know, but sometimes I feel I should take off for a couple of months or so and spend time here. It’s so calm & relaxing. You don’t have to think anything else apart from comfort. All I seriously did here was two things: eat & sleep. I made up for all those lost sleep in last 9-10 months and had best of the cuisines. If my bosses permit, I would be coming down in four months time to attend two of my cousins’ marriage. Fingers crossed.

This October, as I posted in my previous post, Nipun left us to go back to his hometown. He’s been a great buddy, flat-mate and overall a good human being. Will miss him for sure, his antics and his style. His sense of humor has been the best of all. Girls loved him for reasons more than humor though! I hope we will be in touch. Yup, I can only hope.

I will be resuming work day after tomorrow and that would be the last of Shweta, my immediate reporting manager, a thorough professional and a good friend in the process. I feel it will take few more years for me to be that professional. She has been a great guide too after her tough sessions specially designed for me. It helped to a great extent. I know how much different it would be to go to the same workplace where I won’t be able to ping her through our office messenger and share Chicken Pudina Kabab in lunch. Celebrating all those weird days dedicatedly and the humor on the fellow employees. All these will be terribly missed. Don’t know, what future holds for me from now onwards. All I can do, is to wish her all the very best as she is going to start a new innings in her life and moving to New Delhi. Delhi guys have already started calling her Butter Chicken!!!

Also, one of our old & good friends is going to join us in our flat in place of Nipun. With him, the flat would become an all-Odia (not Oriya) flat. Likewise, someone also joined in place of Shweta as well. She has been doing really well so far. But sometimes I ask life, why is it that we always have to accept changes and live with it? Why can’t people/situations/things be constant? I get so many answers; so many times it remains unanswered as well.

But when I conclude all the answers, I discover the same old thing: “Life’s Like That”.

7 comments:

Sanat said...

I wish we could hold the time and never let it fo forward...

But it always happens the other way round.... It keeps sleeping from our hand and we keep trying to reverse it.

Rishal said...

And 'Thank God Life is Like that' because if it wouldn't be then guys like us will be having a tuff time .. look inside you and you will know

Subhajit said...

yes guys, u r right :(

Sanat said...

by the way what about your new boss ;-)

nivedita said...

'Life is like that'...dts d reason we njoy it..
we can nevr luv all d routine n monotonous things..
gud that life is changing so fast in ur case n again u r falling in luv wid it every 2 mins ;)

nivedita said...

'Life is like that'...dts d reason we njoy it..
we can nevr luv all d routine n monotonous things..
gud that life is changing so fast in ur case n again u r falling in luv wid it every 2 mins ;)

Subhajit said...

Hehehe... Ggood One Nivi...