Monday, October 12, 2009

The Saturday That Was...

Saturday

10th October, 2009


Life is a great leveler. Today was one of those days, I realized it, again. My day started with those thoughts in mind where I feel like going back to home and do nothing. The sun was shining, a bit too much and was humid as usual. But there was something in the air, could not recognize, may I be did not want to. Went to have a vegetarian lunch, thanks my Saturday thing. Then lots of shopping and a good dinner. All through this, someone was there with me, and helped me do shopping, as I stay in my confused state of mind during buying anything. That someone is there for some time now, just that now I can count upon her. A great person and a great companion to be with. Time literally flies, when she is around. Well, please do not read between/beyond these lines.


But the day also contained the separation of one my flat mates who was leaving Mumbai permanently to join their family business. I never interacted with him during my MBA days so much apart from the formal gestures. But we became good friends in the last 18 months of his stay here. Now I am the last person surviving in this flat who has signed the initial contract with the landlord in December 2007. Life moves on, but will miss him.


I spent some great moments with a new person in my life and got to know her better and someone close to us went far away. But I know they won’t forget me that easily. I won’t brag, but that’s the effect I have ;-) Enough self-appraisal for the day. Chao.

5 comments:

bulbul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AL-HAQU MURUN said...

hmm ....... they say naa time is realative , so u r now experienceing it ( the relative nature of time ) ... happy diwali to u and your family

Subhajit said...

Thanks for the wishes Ifti... I was late in repsonding as I kept myself away from the usage of internet during my diwali vacation...
Also, thanks for dropping in at my blog....

As far as the relative nature of time is concerned, we can discuss it further & in detail wehn we meet. I hope that is fine with you.

Rishal said...

Wow have to admit I like the last line ...
Ha ha ha

Sanat said...

ahemm....ahemm.... no comments ;-)