Thursday, December 24, 2009

Here Comes Christmas...

Sometimes nothing but a road-side, greasy, floppy, bread-slice-overwhelming, onion-infused, whipped-to-death omelette will do. This was more or less my type of schedule during Christmas celebrations. This year is different, thanks to my office and my colleagues. All the buzz, hype and preparations are making it one of the best so far. I have been doing shopping since 21st. And it really is exciting. I hope I enjoy it to the maximum. We have few competitions chalked out for tomorrow. After long the employees are kind of charged up for these events. I hope we make a great day tomorrow at work and somehow define ‘fun at workplace’. This concept rarely comes in the dictionary of small organizations as they do not have the liberty of spending time and workforce behind all these. Yet, we have managed to try our best whenever we got an opportunity and we always kept our spirits high. There were not one but many occasions where the employees didn’t show that much of interest in the celebrations. That never let us down…actually it did. But I don’t know why, I & my ex-boss always felt that we can see that one day when we can bring them all together on the common platform and enjoy the occasion together. And my current boss not only shares the same vision but has tried her best at making this Christmas special. If tomorrow turns out be a dampener, no regrets, we tried our best as usual. If it clicks well, everybody should be proud. And the little hopeful inside me who always looked upto organizations like Google, IBM and many more where ‘fun at workplace’ is a practical concept rather than just a term on the management books, is feeling greattt (sorry, I have to add those extra ‘t’s).

Those who wish to sing always find a song. So our team HR is upto the task and hey…..life is unsure, so ideally one should always eat the dessert first. I want to be happy as I have not seen tomorrow. Merry Christmas to you all and wish you all the possible happiness in this world. Wherever you are and whatever you do, just be happy. P E A C E…

No comments: